Citizen Prosecutor Academy
Citizen Prosecutor Academy Class Spring 2023 with District Attorney Phil Sorrells
The Citizen Prosecutor Academy (CPA) is an 11-week program designed to give citizens an in-depth understanding of the criminal justice system in Tarrant County.
With our Assistant Criminal District Attorneys and Investigators as instructors, participants review each step of the prosecutorial process to gain an insider's perspective on how the system works.
Classes are held on Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
The Fall Academy begins Thursday, September 7, and graduation will be Thursday, November 16, 2023.
This topics of the past academy classes have included:
· Adult Sexual Assault
· The Civil Division
· Conviction Integrity
· Digital Forensic and Technical Services
· Diversion Programs
· Felony: An Overview
· Gang Unit
· Grand Jury
· Intimate Partner Violence
· Intoxication Manslaughter, DWI and No Refusal
· Introduction to a Trial
· Introduction to the Criminal Justice System/Criminal District Attorney's Office
· The Juvenile System
· Mental Health & Protective Orders
· Misdemeanor Crimes
· Special Victims Unit
· Victim Advocates
· White Collar/Public Integrity Crimes
For more information on the CDA Citizen Prosecutor Academy
please call: 817-884-1400