Frequently Asked Questions

Search items by entering keyword(s) in the search field. The table will filter the results as you type. Click the header of a column to alphabetically sort the items. Click again to reverse the order of the sort.

# Question Answer


Who serves civil process in Tarrant County?


Only constables serve the civil process in Tarrant County. The papers are served in the area (known as a precinct) of the person who is being served.
02 Does the Sheriff Office or Constable's Offices do foreclosure sales? No, foreclosures are non-judicial, the sales are usually conducted by a trustee appointed by the financial institution that holds the loan on the real property.
03 Are all sales conducted by the sheriff or constables posted? Yes, all sales are posted, most at the 1895 Courthouse at 100 W Weatherford St, Fort Worth, TX 76196
04 How many Constable's Offices are there in Tarrant County?

There are eight Constable's Offices in Tarrant County.  

  • Precinct 1 serves the Northeast Fort Worth, Haltom City area.
  • Precinct 2 serves the North Arlington area.
  • Precinct 3 serves the HEB, Colleyville, Southlake, Grapevine area.
  • Precinct 4 serves the West Fort Worth, White Settlement, Lake Worth and Azle areas.
  • Precinct 5 serves the North Central Fort Worth area known as the Stockyards.
  • Precinct 6 serves South Fort Worth, Crowley, Burleson, Benbrook and Aledo area.
  • Precinct 7 serves, South Arlington, Mansfield, Dalworthington Gardens, Kennedale, Grand Prairie, and Rendon Burleson area.
  • Precinct 8 serves Central Fort Worth.
05 If I have a question about which Constable's Office serves what areas of Tarrant County, whom can I contact so I can send my court documents to the correct constable? You may look at the JP Constable Precinct map to locate the correct Constable Precinct.
06 Do constable's do "civil stand-bys"? Some Constable Offices do and some do not. You will need to contact your Constable's Office to see if they do. If you live in Precinct 7 you may go to our Civil Stand-By Page to see if you qualify.  You may go to but there is usually a fee for this service.
07 Do constable's perform law enforcement functions other than delivering/executing civil court orders? Yes. constable's are peace officers in the State of Texas and perform civil and criminal functions such as traffic enforcement, warrants for arrest, environmental enforcement, investigations and bailiff for the Justice of the Peace Courts.
08 I am a landlord and I have a tenant that is not paying rent. How can I get them out of my rental property? A landlord may evict a tenant who has not paid rent as it is due. Please contact an attorney, refer to the Texas Property Code or the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure or a local Justice of the Peace court for the eviction procedures.
09 I sold my vehicle and the person I sold it to is not making payments as promised. How can I get my vehicle back? Your best option is to consult an attorney about obtaining a written court order that orders a constable to seize the vehicle and hold it in their custody until the court has a hearing and determines to whom the vehicle is to be released.
10 I am having a dispute with a neighbor.  Who can I turn to for help? Depending on the nature of the dispute, it is advisable to contact an attorney. It may be a dispute that requires a civil law suit be filed, so the courts can have a hearing and settle the dispute. You do not have to have an attorney to go to small cliams court.
11 I sold some property and the person I sold it to gave me a "hot check", where can I go to collect the "hot check"? Please contact your local Justice of the Peace about their procedures and requirements for filing a criminal complaint to prosecute the person giving you the "hot check". The JP can only go up to the amount of $500. If a check is greater than $500 you must go through the Criminal District Attorney's Office. Visit our Hot Check Page.
12 What do I do if I get a door hanger or business card informing me that I have a warrant for my arrest? Contact the deputy named on the document by telephone to get instructions on how to clear the warrant(s). Do not wait to resolve the warrant later. Making contact with the constable and Justice of the Peace Office can usually eliminate going to jail.
13 What should I do if I get a letter informing me that I have a warrant for my arrest? Contact the warrant division at 817-473-5110 to get additional information on the procedure to follow in clearing the warrant(s).
14 Who can I call if I think that I have warrants through Tarrant County Constable Precinct 7? Call 817-473-5110. Any of our clerks or deputies are able to assist in checking the Tarrant County computer system to determine if open warrants exist.
15 What do I do if I get a door hanger or business card informing me about a civil paper? Contact the deputy named on the document by telephone to get instructions on how to get the paper.