Tarrant County voters need you to work at the polls! Election Workers work at the polls on Election Day and during early voting to ensure voters are able to exercise their rights in an honest and well-organized manner. Tarrant County needs approximately 2,500 Election Workers for each general election.
You are eligible if you:
- are registered to vote in Tarrant County,
- do not hold an elected office or are not the employee of an elected official,
- enjoy interaction with the public and
- are detail-oriented, able to take direction well and not easily distracted.
- Complete the online form and e-mail it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print the document, fill it out and then mail it to:
PO Box 961011
Fort Worth, Texas 76161-0011
- Fax the completed form to us at 817-850-2330.
Newer versions of web browsers will require the use of "Adobe Reader" to properly use this form, Free download of Adobe Reader.
Training and Manuals
- Handbook for Election Judges and Clerk (TX SOS) Handbook
- Tarrant County Election Handbook (ePollbook, Voting Equipment and Procedures)
If you have additional questions please call us at 817-831-6497.
Election Days and Hours:
General elections are held each year on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. Primary elections are scheduled for the first Tuesday in March in even numbered years. Uniform elections are held in May. Early Voting begins up to 17 days prior to any election and continues through the fourth day prior to that election.
Election Workers arrive at the polling place at 6 a.m. on election days and must remain until the polls are closed and results are called in or transported to Election Central. Polling places for election day are always open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Early voting hours vary from election to election.
Who can be a Poll Workers?
Just about everyone! We have senior citizens, baby-boomers, professionals, self-employed individuals and those that are retired. This creates a highly diverse workforce, just like Tarrant County! We are also looking for workers who, in addition to being fluent in English, can also speak other languages, especially Spanish. If you are fluent in another language, please indicate this on your application form.
Are Poll Workers Paid?
Election workers are paid for the days they work during the election process. Training compensation is also provided to the poll workers.
Tarrant County Elections Administration
2700 Premier Street
Fort Worth, TX 76111
Hours of Business: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.