All requests for assistance with manufactured homes and 18 month statements must be handled in our downtown Fort Worth location.  Branch offices will not process your request.

Ownership Changes:

Our office does not update manufactured home titles.  Ownership changes must be recorded with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) - Manufactured Housing Division.  For information on ownership changes visit their website at

You may not be able to update the Statement of Ownership, or title, until the recorded liens have been released and taxes have been paid through the date of sale.  Before buying or selling a used manufactured home, check the TDHCA ownership and lien information.  Also check with the county tax office for delinquencies. Inquiries can be made via email to

No change of ownership or location is complete until you have updated the Statement of Ownership with the TDHCA AND informed the local appraisal district of the changes.  Contact information for Tarrant Appraisal District can be found on their website at  If the changes are not properly recorded with the local appraisal district, sellers may find themselves being sued for taxes incurred after they sold the home and buyers may be faced with unexpected tax bills for prior years omitted from the tax roll or that had invalid exemptions.

Property Tax Services:

The Buyer or Seller may request any of the following services from our office:

  • Estimate of the current year tax amount
  • Receipt for the advance payment of estimated current year taxes and/or prior year(s)
  • Release of a tax lien
  • Statement from Tax Assessor-Collector (Form 1076), also known as an 18-Month Statement

Our staff is available to assist you with these and any questions regarding property taxes on manufactured housing. 

Contact Us:

By Mail:

Assessment Department

Tarrant County Tax Office

100 E. Weatherford Street

Fort Worth, TX  76196

By Email:

In Person:

100 E. Weatherford Street

Fort Worth, TX  76196

By Phone:



Submit an online Manufactured Housing Inquiry Form.