If you’re interested in getting first-hand experience with the local court and justice system, apply today for the inaugural Tarrant County Justice of the Peace 4 Court Internship.
- The internship will last for a minimum six weeks.
- Open to high school juniors or seniors and/or local college and law students.
- Internships would be part-time (1-3 days per week depending on schedule) and could be longer if student wishes.
The internship program would consist of the following:
- Interns will be assist to court clerks with a wide variety of tasks, including the processing and maintenance of court filings and records.
- Observing court proceeding including jury selection and trials.
- Post hearing, students will meet with Judge Gregory to discuss any questions they have regarding the judicial process.
- Tour court facility and meet with other city and county officials to discuss their roles in the community, particularly with the justice system.
The court internship is part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) and unpaid. However, students can earn community service or class credit depending on the school’s policies.
The Program is competitive and draws interns from a highly qualified applicant pool. In general, interns should possess: demonstrated academic achievement; ability and willingness to work closely with others; flexibility; self-sustaining motivation and initiative; and impeccable trustworthiness, discretion, and maturity. Good judgment is critical.
How to apply
A complete application includes the following:
- High School or College school transcript
- Images of official or unofficial (such as web-printed) transcripts are acceptable, with preference for a format that shows instructor names.
- Short essay about your career goals within the criminal justice field.
- Two letters of recommendation
- At least one letter must be submitted from a current or past teacher.
- Fill out Internship Application
- Fill out Request for Security Check
Please note: All documents must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Interviews will follow for select candidates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Internship offers are subject to successful completion of a security background check.
Please email your complete application along with requested documents to: email@example.com
- For summer placement – Full/No longer accepting applications for summer placement.
- For fall placement – Full/No longer accepting applications for fall placement.
- For spring placement - Accepting applications.