Frequently Asked Questions

Search items by entering keyword(s) in the search field. The table will filter the results as you type. Click the header of a column to alphabetically sort the items. Click again to reverse the order of the sort.

# Questions Answers

How do I file a small claims case?

For more information on small claims, please visit our Small Claims website.


What form of payment do you accept?

Cash (exact amount only), credit card or debit card (adds a 1.79% convenience fee $1.00 minimum), money order, cashier's check and personal checks. Must present a valid ID in person only. For more information, please visit Justice Court 6 fees.


Does Justice Court 6 do weddings outside of the court room? What about weekends?

Yes, please call the office for scheduling and pricing at 817-370-4525.


Do you close for lunch?

No. However, on occasion (due to staff training) it is possible that we will close from 11:30am to 12:30pm or 11:30am to 1:00pm. Please call the office prior to coming in.


Are the forms online?

Most of the Justice Court 6 forms are available online. Call if you have any questions.


Is there a handicap entrance?

Yes, there are 2 entrances to the courthouse and both are handicap accessible.


How much does it cost to file?

For more information, please visit Justice Court 6 fees.


Where do I file evictions?

For more information, please visit Eviction Cases website or Find my Precinct.


Where do I go to file a restraining order?

Justice Courts do not have jurisdiction. Please call 817-884-1265.


Which Precinct is my property located?

To search which precinct a property is located, please visit Tarrant County Comprehensive Address Information Directory.


How do I find out if I have a ticket in Tarrant County?

Justice Court 6 handles tickets issued by the DPS, Tarrant County Constable, Tarrant County Sheriff, Parks & Wildlife, and Texas Christian University Police.


Can I receive legal advice from the Justice Court?

No. For legal assistance, please contact your personal attorney, or contact West Texas Legal Aid at 817-336-3943, or the Legal Aid of Northwest Texas at 1-800-394-9734. The Texas Government Code Section 81.102 provides that it is illegal for our clerks to give legal opinion or advice.”