Sheriff's Office Employment Opportunities
Our mission is to courageously protect and respectfully serve our community. And we need honorable, career-oriented professionals to join our team. Click the links below to begin your career journey.
- Hiring Bonus for DOs and 911 Dispatchers
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Retirement Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Wellness Program
- 24 Hour Access to Fitness Center
- Meals Provided While on Duty
- $25+/HR Starting Pay for DOs
SHERIFF'S OFFICE DETENTION OFFICER AND 911 DISPATCHER RECRUITMENT PROGRAM:
- Effective July 19th, the Sheriff’s Office is offering recruitment incentives related to Detention Officer and 911 Dispatcher positions.
- The Employee Recruitment Program is intended to assist in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of Detention Officers and 911 Dispatchers by offering a $5000 recruitment incentive, in two equal incentive payments, to the first one hundred (100) unlicensed Detention Officers and seven (7) 911 Dispatchers or a $6500 recruitment incentive to the first one hundred (100) licensed Detention Officers and four (4) 911 Dispatchers.
- Click the Referral Program Poster for more details
Hiring Process for Detention Officers, Deputy Cadet and Deputy Sheriff:
- Apply online
- Attend pre-employment briefing
- Physical Assessment - 2000 meter row
- Written Civil Service Test - for Cadet and Deputy only
- Background Investigation
- Medical Screening
- Psychological Examination
Below are the links to the row calculator and video showing proper technique. Select your gender, age group and enter your weight. Under Desired Results, enter 25 percent and click calculate.
Deputy Sheriff Cadet (Detention Officer)
Cadets receive academic and on the job training to achieve the required entry-level proficiency to perform basic law enforcement services. Cadets must complete a Basic Peace Officer academy (824 hours – 20.5 weeks) and pass the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Basic Peace Officer licensing examination. Cadets successfully completing the Basic Peace Officer academy and passing the TCOLE licensing exam are eligible for promotion/selection to open entry-level Deputy Sheriff-Operations (Grade 53) positions. May be required to work within the Confinement Division pre- and/or post-academy dependent on staffing needs.
We are not accepting applications at this time, please contact TCSO Recruiting to be put on a notification list.
Supervise inmates who are confined 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the Tarrant County Confinement system to ensure the safe keeping of all inmate property and maintain care for all persons in the custody of the Sheriff. This position may also perform basic administrative duties to arrange and coordinate the surrender and transfer to Tarrant County Texas of individuals accused or convicted of offenses outside the territory of the asylum state and within the territorial jurisdiction of Texas. This position description applies to all TCSO Detention Officer positions and functions.
Provides law enforcement and protection to the citizens of Tarrant County including performing duties in the Operations Division, which includes but is not limited to Judicial, Patrol, Investigations, Warrants and Community Relations-Training.
Receive, process, and dispatch both emergency and non-emergency requests for law enforcement services within Tarrant County.
Text RECRUITING to 866-524-0030 to subscribe to the Tarrant County Recruiting Office