Alcoholic Beverage Permits

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) requires alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors, retailers, etc. to apply for permits and licenses before they may operate in the State of Texas.

To apply for a permit or license for Tarrant County locations contact:

            TABC office

            2225 East Randol Mill Road, Suite 200

            Arlington, TX 76011

            Phone: 817-652-5912

The TABC will provide application forms and a complete list of instructions on how to certify an application. Additional information is available from TABC, P.O. Box 13127, Austin,Texas 78711 or the TABC website.

Note: Sections 11.38 and 61.26, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, were amended 9/1/2001 to allow the TABC to deny or cancel a permit for the retail sale or service of alcoholic beverages if it finds that the permit holder or applicant has not paid delinquent property taxes due on that permitted premises or due from a business operated on that premises.

The Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector collects county fees for the renewal of beer, wine, and liquor permits and licenses at the downtown office located in the Administration Building, 100 E Weatherford Street, Fort Worth, TX 76196.

Rules related specifically to Tax Collector Billings for beer, wine, and liquor licenses can also be found on the TABC website.