Writ of Possession
When a Writ of Possession has been received by the Constable's office, the following procedures will apply:
- The deputy assigned to the writ will place a 24-hour notice to vacate on the front door of the property (RED TAG).
- The deputy will then contact the Plaintiff/Property Manager to schedule a day and time to conduct the move out.
- Plaintiff/Property Manager will provide a minimum crew of FOUR people and the proper materials to conduct the move out (TRASH BAGS, BOXES AND LOCKS).
- The defendant’s personal property will be removed from the rental unit and placed at a nearby location.
- The Plaintiff/Property Manager will place new locks or rekey the locks before the deputy can depart the address.
- No writ will be worked in inclement weather (RAIN, SLEET OR SNOW).
** AFTER TWO HOURS, A FEE OF $50 PER HOUR PER DEPUTY WILL BE CHARGED **