Report a Fire Hazard
A fire or life safety hazard is defined as any condition that endangers the safety of a structure or its occupants, and promotes or causes fire or combustion. The Fire Marshal’s Office will investigate a hazard complaint in the unincorporated areas of Tarrant County, involving any of the following:
- The presence of a flammable substance;
- A dangerous or dilapidated wall, ceiling or other structural element;
- Improper electrical components, heating or other building services or facilities;
- The presence of a dangerous chimney, flue, pipe, main, or stove or of dangerous wiring;
- Dangerous storage, including storage or use of hazardous substances; or
- Inappropriate means of egress, fire protection or other fire-related safeguard.
To report a hazard to the Tarrant County Fire Marshal’s Office on any of the above situations, you may email us or call 817-838-4660.
If the complaint is on property located within a city limit, you must call that corresponding city.