What To Do While You Are Waiting

You can check your wait list status online:

Waitlist Check will not expire, and is available 24/7.  Waitlist Check allows you to contact us with any questions or to update your contact information. 

We also encourage you to sign up for AssistanceCheck.com, this allows you to check your status, edit your contact information or make inquiries. This service is also available 24/7.

Please DO NOT CALL or come into the Tarrant County Housing Assistance Office for status updates.

When your number is reached on the wait list, you will be contacted in writing with instructions on what you must do for us to determine if you are eligible for assistance.  

Every year our office will send you a letter inquiring if you are still in need of housing assistance.  It is your responsibility to complete the letter and return to our office by the due date.

It is important for you to remember to contact this office in writing with any change of address.  Failure to do so will cause you to be removed from the wait list.  A wait list change form is provided for your convenience.

Wait List Change Form

Any mail that is returned to us with a forwarding address by the post office will be forwarded.

Any mail returned to us after it has been forwarded or returned to us without a forwarding address will result in your immediate removal from the wait list.  NO EXCEPTIONS!

Please keep in mind that you are able to apply to multiple Housing Choice Voucher programs at the same time, providing their wait list is open and you do not currently hold a Housing Choice voucher.

Consider one of these other options that may be able to provide assistance sooner.

  • Fort Worth Housing Solutions Conventional Housing: 817-333-2145
  • Apartments.com
  • Check for other housing options by visiting the HUD website.  
  • Some apartment complexes offer units based on income. To find a list go to Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs. The property descriptions will specify any special needs the complex can accommodate.
  • Call United Way First Call for Help. Simply dial 2-1-1 and explain your situation. First Call for Help will be able to refer you to the agencies in your area that can best help you. This referal line is also useful for assistance with food, clothing, medical needs and more.

Tarrant County Housing Assistance Office will work diligently to help as many families as quickly as we can with available resources.