Frequently Asked Questions

Search items by entering keyword(s) in the search field. The table will filter the results as you type. Click the header of a column to alphabetically sort the items. Click again to reverse the order of the sort.

Questions   Answers  
How do I file a small claims case? For more information on small claims, please visit our Small Claims Cases page.
What form of payment do you accept? Cash (exact amount only), credit card, money order and cashier's checks with a valid ID (in person only). In-state personal checks are also accepted on civil cases only.  For more information, please visit Justice Court 4 fees.
Does Justice Court 4 do weddings outside of the court room? What about weekends? Yes. These weddings must be scheduled with the judge. Call our office for more information.
Do you close for lunch? No.
Are the forms online? Most of the Justice Court 4 forms are available online. Call our office if you have any questions.
Is there a handicapped entrance? Yes.
How much does it cost to file? For more information, please visit Justice Court 4 fees.
Where do I file evictions? For more information, please visit our Eviction Cases page.
Where do I go to file a restraining order? Justice Courts do not have jurisdiction. Please call 817-884-1400.
Is my property in Precinct 4? To determine the precinct in which a property is located, please visit the Tarrant County Comprehensive Address Information Directory.
Can I receive legal advice from the Justice Court? No. It is illegal for clerks to give opinions or legal advice. You may seek professional legal counsel or research legal issues in the Law Library in room 420, on the fourth floor of the 1895 Courthouse, (817-884-1481). The Texas Government Code Section 81.102 provides that it is illegal for our clerks or any of our personnel to give legal opinion or advice. One good source for advice on any Justice of the Peace Court matter is  
Where do I park? For information, please visit our Location, Map and Parking page.