Cindy Wilson-Arrick Collection

Womans Club of Fort Worth

Summary: This collection consists of materials donor purchased at an estate sale as well as items relating to the application of the Woman's Club of Fort Worth building (image shown) for historical designation of their campus of buildings for a historical marker in 1966. Materials include publications, photographs, newspaper clippings, maps and postcards. Donor is a longtime member of the Tarrant County Historical Commission.

View the Cindy Wilson-Arrick image gallery.

  • Lucile Ball and Desi Arnaz in Fort Worth for a charity benefit, possibly at Western Hills Hotel heliport, Fort Worth, February 9, 1956. Boy in photo believed to be Ronney Lee Garrett. 3 3/8 by 3 3/8 inches, color
  • Two sheets of photograph proofs of black and white images taken by Lee Angle Photography Inc. Each sheet has 12 images portraying different views of each of the buildings on the block: Newby Building, Saunders Hall, Anna Shelton Hall, Margaret Meacham Hall, Florence Shuman Hall. Date unknown, but possibly in 1966 for marker application.
  • James F. Moore home, built 1906, architect Ludwig Weinman. This home is located today on the northeast corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Ballinger street. It was used over the years as a funeral home (Robertson-Mueller) and was purchased for the Woman's Club (by Amon Carter) and renamed Margaret Meacham Hall. It is used today by the Junior Woman's Club. Black and white photograph, 13 by 11 inches
  • Mrs. John M. Michie, president of the Woman's Club (1972-1973). Taken at the golden anniversary luncheon of the club. Color photo, 5 by 7 inches
  • Table of Woman's Club members at a luncheon in Anna Shelton Hall and the Waples dining room. 5 by 7 inches color photo. Photographer unknown, undated
  • 28 sheets with two color images on each sheet (56 images) 5 by 3 inches. All photographs are taken of Margaret Meacham Hall (Junior Woman's Club) form the exterior to extensive views of the interior and some of the furnishings. Photographer is unknown, undated
  • Baseball team, Bill Wood Photograph. Team unknown, date unknown, players unknown. Clyde Millican is identified as being man on back row, center with dark hair parted in center. Black and white, 8 by 10 inches
  • J. B. McFarland family reunion, June 22, 1947, at John Turpin home. 8 by 10 inches black and white photo, all participants are listed on back of photograph
  • Minton's Buffet saloon, William A. Minton, proprietor. 28a Jennings Avenue (in block with Majestic Theater, from 1909 FW City Directory). 6 by 3 inches, sepia photo, photographer and date unknown.
  • A and P Market, unknown location (there were at least eight locations in Fort Worth in the late 1920's). L. McGuire is listed as the manager of this location. 7 by 5 inches black and white photograph.
  • A & P Market, showing displays of bread, canned goods, meat market in rear, 7 by 5 inches, black and white, photographer and date unknown
Historical Marker Applications
  • Application form for Official Texas Historical Marker, submitted by Mrs. Aubrey Stewart, February 7, 1966. A second application is dated February 15, 1967 and submitted by Scranton Jones and a third application is dated August 14, 1975 and is signed by A. M. Pate Jr. (These are being placed with the photographs since they are part of a specific collection. There is a file in the TCHC marker file for the Woman's Club.)
Subject Files
  • Cultural Organizations - - Woman's Club of Fort Worth
    • The Woman's Club Courier (11 copies): September - December, 1978. January - May, September - October, 1979
  • Business Organizations - - Woman's Traffic Club
    • Traffic Chatter, November, 1950, The Woman's Traffic Club of Fort Worth, newsletter.
  • Businesses - Auto Dealers - Jack Williams Chevrolet
    • Driver's Handbook by Jack Williams. Paper bound copy. San Diego: Cunningham Press, 1965
  • Churches -- Baptist - Fort Worth - First Baptist
    • The Fundamentalist, newspaper. November 28, 1952
  • Churches - - Unitarian Churches
    • Annual Reports, Annual Meeting, June 8, 1952. Unitarian Church of Fort Worth, Texas
  • Radio Stations
    • Household Hints booklet from KCUL radio station, Fort Worth, Texas, circa 1952. KCUL was owned by East-West Broadcasting Co., James Ulmer, manager. 3607 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Biographical Files
  • Millican
    • Correspondence from J. R. Record to Clyde Millican, December 31, 1956, on Fort Worth Star-Telegram letterhead.
    • Musical sales contract: Irene Millican to New York Melody Corporation, March 13, 1923, for song: "Just Dolly and Me" (two copies)
  • McKinney
    • Warranty deed: A. C. Brown to F. B. McKinney et ux, March 13, 1925. Bailey Addition, Block 19, lot 9
    • Contract of Purchase: Greenwood Cemetery Association to F. B. McKinney May 11, 1918. Section E, Block 7, Lot 52
  • Map of Fort Worth, Texas. Published by the Western Map Company. 1937
  • Texaco Touring Map: Dallas and Fort Worth. Rand McNally and Company. 1939
  • Map of Fort Worth, Compliments of Bekins Van and Storage. Map by Leon Keeble, 1947
  • Ashburn's Fort Worth and Tarrant County, 1953 Map. J. Foster Ashburn. 1953
  • Santa Fe / Union Passenger Station, Fort Worth, Texas, postmarked 1908. Tom Jones Glace, Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Alta Vista Creamery Company, Fort Worth , Texas, 712 West Lancaster St. Made only by Mid-West Map Company, Aurora, Missouri, circa early 1930s
  • Public Library, Fort Worth, Texas. Made by E. C. Kropp Co., Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Published by Atlas News Shop, Fort Worth, Texas. circa 1938