Changes in Contact Information and Family Status
Families are required to notify Tarrant County Housing Assistance Office, in writing, within 10 days of the change. You must complete an Interim Change Form to properly report the change.
All changes MUST be accompanied by supporting documentation of the change you are reporting as follows:
The family must come into the office or call to request a to be mailed.
- New Social Security card
- Marriage license,
- Valid Texas State driver's license or
- whatever documentation is appropriate to verify the change.
If income increases or decreases, this information must be reported by coming into the office or calling to request a Change Form in the mail.
- Check stubs
- Social Security award letter
- Unemployment Benefit letter or printout
- Job termination letter
- Child support printout
Adding a Household Member
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card
- State-issued photo ID (for all members 18 years of age and older)
- Custody or Guardianship documentation
- Marriage license
- Amended lease
Removing a Household Member
- Lease or other documentation proving the household member maintains a residence other than the assisted unit
A family may have other changes that are required to be reported by submission of a Change Form, for example:
- Child care provider
- Student status of a person over the age of 18 years
Proper documentation is required to verify any of the above.
All documentation required is requested in the form of original documents (copies are not acceptable, except in rare extenuating circumstances).