Changes in Contact Information and Family Status

Families are required to notify Tarrant County Housing Assistance Office, in writing, within 10 days of the change.  You must complete an Interim Change Form  to properly report the change. 

All changes MUST be accompanied by supporting documentation of the change you are reporting as follows:

Name Change

The family must come into the office or call to request a to be mailed.

Documentation Required:

  • New Social Security card
You may also need to provide:
  • Marriage license,
  • Valid Texas State driver's license or
  • whatever documentation is appropriate to verify the change.

Income Change

If income increases or decreases, this information must be reported by coming into the office or calling to request a Change Form in the mail.

Documentation needed:

  • Check stubs
  • Social Security award letter
  • Unemployment Benefit letter or printout
  • Job termination letter
  • Child support printout

Adding a Household Member

Documentation Needed:
  • Birth certificate
  • Social Security card
  • State-issued photo ID (for all members 18 years of age and older)
You may also need to provide:
  • Custody or Guardianship documentation
  • Marriage license
  • Amended lease
You must receive approval from TCHAO BEFORE adding a household member!

Removing a Household Member

Documentation Needed:

  • Lease or other documentation proving the household member maintains a residence other than the assisted unit

Other Changes

A family may have other changes that are required to be reported by submission of a Change Form, for example:

  • Child care provider
  • Student status of a person over the age of 18 years

Proper documentation is required to verify any of the above.

All documentation required is requested in the form of original documents (copies are not acceptable, except in rare extenuating circumstances).