VTR 68-A Law Enforcement Vehicle Inspection Request
Please note due to continued law changes and a limited number of qualified inspectors, we are experiencing a higher-than-normal volume of requests for 68-A inspections. The 68-A inspection is a Law Enforcement Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspection for titling purposes or to determine if an assigned or re-assigned VIN is necessary for titling. This is not a safety inspection, nor do we provide a weight scale.
The TRACTF conducts inspections for residents and business owners who reside in the following counties:
Tarrant, Parker, Hood, Somervell, Palo Pinto, Young, Archer, Wichita, Clay, Jack, Montague, Wise, Cook and Denton.
If you do not live in one of the listed counties, please check with your local police department or sheriff's office to see if they have a qualified 68-A inspector, or search for the closest alternative location/task force near you by following this link to the the MVCPA Grantees page of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles website.
- One appointment per vehicle/trailer/motorcycle
- Once you schedule an appointment you will receive an email confirmation
- All appointments are first come, first serve when you arrive on your appointment day
- You will be required to pay a $40 inspection fee by check or money order made payable to "TRACTF" (No cash, credit or electronic transfer)
- You will need to bring the vehicle/trailer/motorcycle as well as any associated paperwork (previous titles, bills of sale, import paperwork, purchase receipts, etc.)
- The vehicle/trailer/motorcycle must be complete, but does not have to be running for this inspection
- You must contact the TRACTF if you wish to cancel a scheduled appointment to allow for other citizens to fill your appointment time
Enter only one request for a 68A inspection per vehicle
You will receive the email confirmation within 48 hours and only on business days Tuesday thru Friday