6651 Lake Worth Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76135
800 Rendon Crowley Rd E.
Fort Worth, TX 76028
The Patrol Division is the law enforcement arm of the Sheriff’s Office. Deputies patrol the unincorporated sections of Tarrant County, and two contract cities -- Edgecliff Village and Haslet. Patrol deputies respond to citizens’ calls for assistance, conduct traffic enforcement, investigate traffic accidents and investigate reports of crime or suspected criminal activity in unincorporated Tarrant County. Many patrol deputies began their career with the Sheriff’s Office as detention officers.
After going through a rigorous selection process, candidates attend a basic police academy. Upon graduation, cadets are assigned to field training. With the successful completion of field training, new deputies are usually assigned to patrol. With offices in the northern and southern parts of the county, the Patrol Division also includes:
- Livestock Estray Enforcement Program (LEEP)
- Sheriff's Community Oriented Policing and Education (SCOPE)
- Sheriff's Environmental Enforcement Division (SEED)
- Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office Courtesy Patrol
- Sheriff’s Reserve Deputy Unit
- The Tarrant County Sheriff’s Posse
- the provision of law enforcement services on a contract basis for the cities of Edgecliff Village and Haslet