The Court accepts the full amount only unless other arrangements have been made. If you have questions about your case, don't hesitate to contact the Court at 817-884-1395 or by email at JP1Court@tarrantcountytx.gov.
Payment Methods Accepted
Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express [in-person payments only], and Discover)
1. Money Orders (in person and by mail only)
2. Cashier's Checks (in person and by mail only)
3. Cash (exact amount in person only)
No personal or business checks are accepted.
The link to the Adobe Fill and Sign Plea Form can be found below.
Note: This Court will not accept payment from a third party without a plea from the defendant.
(1) Please fill out this Plea Form if you wish to enter a plea before your appearance in Court.
Justice Court, Pct. 1 ONLY
(1) Click the link Justice Court, Pct. 1 ONLY to be redirected to nCourt to make an online payment.
On this site, you will search for your citation/ticket by a combination of last name, date of birth, or citation number. Contact the Court if you experience issues or need assistance paying your citation/ticket online.
Reminder: This option is only available for adult defendants ages 17 and over for criminal offenses committed after age 17.
Paying your citation/ticket online means entering a plea of Nolo Contendere (No Contest) and waiving your right to a trial by jury.
Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 27.14 (c): "In a misdemeanor case for which the maximum possible punishment is by fine only, a payment of a fine or an amount accepted by the court constitutes a finding of guilty in open court as though a plea of nolo contendere had been entered by the defendant and constitutes a waiver of a jury trial in writing."
Alternatives To Payment of Fines and Costs
Code of Criminal Procedure Art. 27.14(b)
A defendant convicted of a criminal offense punishable by a fine only is entitled to alternative methods of satisfying the judgment against them if they cannot pay the fine or costs, in whole or in part. For further information about alternatives to payment of Fines and Costs, don't hesitate to contact the Court at 817-884-1395 or by email at JP1Court@tarrantcountytx.gov.
Those alternative methods include:
1. A payment plan allows the defendant to make payments toward the fine and costs in designated intervals.
Notice: If any amount is paid more than 30 days after the judgment assessing the fine or costs, a $ 15-time payment fee must be assessed.
2. Disposition of the amount assessed by performing community service.
(1) A defendant is entitled to a minimum of $100 credit for every 8 hours of community service performed.
(2) If performing community service imposes an undue hardship, an indigent defendant who lacks sufficient resources to pay is entitled to a waiver of the fine and costs, in whole or in part.
Notice: Many options meet the requirements of the law for community service; see Art. 45.049 of the Code of Criminal Procedure for full details.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.
Accessibility Notice: Due to the complexity of the preceding documents, these documents are scanned images. If you require assistance in accessing the information, please contact Justice Court One at 817-884-1395.