An occupational driver license, also called an essential need license, is a special type of restricted license issued to individuals whose driver license has been suspended, revoked or denied for certain offenses other than medical or delinquent child support.
An occupational driver license authrizes you to operate a non-commercial motor vehicle only in connection with:
- Performance of essential household duties, or
- School-related activities
To search the Justice Court Precinct, please visit Tarrant County Comprehensive Address Information Directory.
• Petition for Occupational License
OTHER ITEMS NEEDED:
• Driving Record - Certified Abstract (Type AR)
Visit Texas DPS to request driving record online.
• Proof of Insurance - SR-22
• $54 filing fee
• A case number will be provided when case is processed.
• A court date will be provided if needed after review of your application. Court date will be emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org.