Reported confirmed COVID-19 deaths in Tarrant County now at 101
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Senior Public Information Officer
Tarrant County Public Health
Tarrant County Public Health reports six COVID-19 deaths
May 9, 2020 (Tarrant County, TX) -Tarrant County Public Health (TCPH) today reported six more COVID-19 deaths.
The deceased include a man in his 70s, a woman in her 70s, a man in his 80s, two women in their 80s, all from Fort Worth, and a man in his 60s from Arlington. All had underlying health conditions.
Tarrant County now has 101 confirmed deaths from the COVID-19 virus. 779 people have recovered.
“This virus continues to take a toll in our community, and we are sad to report more deaths,” said Tarrant County Public Health Director Vinny Taneja. He reminded residents to keep following these Public Health guidelines:
- Stay home as much as possible. If you do go out, cover your mouth and nose with a mask or scarf.
- Practice social distancing - stay six feet away from others when you are out.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you have difficulty breathing, or a persistent fever, call your doctor or healthcare provider.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your sleeve.
- Frequently clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces.
Tarrant County has three COVID-19 community testing sites operating in Fort Worth and Arlington. Appointments are available Monday through Friday. To do a self-screening and make an appointment, go to covidtesting.tarrantcounty.com.
COVID-19 causes respiratory illness with cough, fever, and shortness of breath, and may lead to bronchitis and severe pneumonia. For more information go to coronavirus.tarrantcounty.com or call the Tarrant County Public Health information line, 817-248-6299, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
*Note to media: After today, COVID-19 death releases will be reported only on our website at coronavirus.tarrantcounty.com. Just go to Other Information and click on the COVID-News Releases button. Information will be updated by 2 p.m. daily.
News release date: May 09, 2020