Summary: This group donated their scrap books from the origin of their chapter in 1928 through to 1986. The first scrapbook holds documentation regarding the selection of their chapter name and foundational letters. Also to be found in the scrapbooks are snapshots of historical sites the DAR Six Flags Chapter attempted to mark and preserve. Pictured is the Frenchman's Well, which was located near the corner of Belknap and Taylor Streets in downtown Fort Worth and is documented as having its origins in 1857. The image was taken by club member Rosa Linda Harris Woods in February 1935, prior to the placement of the DAR signage. The children are believed to be local neighborhood girls, as at that time the vicinity was still residential, but no identification of them is offered in the scrapbook.
Follow link to view digitized Daughters of the American Revolution Scrapbooks page.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX