Betty Fuller Collection

Summary: Donor contributed materials related to various churches, schools and pioneer families in Northeast Tarrant County. The building housing the Assembly of God Church in Pleasant Glade burned April 19, 1997, revealing a log-cabin house built by August Schiemann. Donor is related to this family, as well as to the Ishams and Reeves families.

  • Photograph (shown): Female members of Isham family: Back Row: Emma Mack Wheeler (buried at Isham Cemetery) and Lela Reeves; Front row: Sally Isham, Grandma Stein, Mag Isham (Reeves) black and white copy print; location of original unknown
  • Photograph: Texas Historical Marker at Parker Memorial Cemetery, west side of Hwy 121, about 300 feet north of Hall-Johnson Road, Grapevine, color
  • Photograph: Fenced burial plot - color
  • Photograph: Tombstone reading: Schiemann August 1839-1916, Augustine 1838-1909, Born and married in Prussia, settled in Tarrant County 1878; color

Isham Women

  • Notes from donor: 1866 The George Franklin Reeves family came to the Hurst/Birdville area from Georgia. They settled between Hurst and Birdville - 1866 Isham's Chapel Methodist Church was founded. The Isham and Reeves families were charter members. The church was used as the first school in the area
  • Vertical Files: Biographic--Schiemann, August
    • Copy of biographical data on August Schiemann from the book Grapevine Area History by Patricia Hall Howard, pages 334-335
    • Copy of last will of Augustine Schiemann, 3 September 1909
    • Copy of inventory of estate of August Schiemann entered for probate to County Judge Jesse M. Brown, August 1917
    • Copy of inventory and appraisement of estate of August Schiemann, 2 October, 1916
    • Copy of two photographs: August and Augustine Schiemann with daughter Mary Elizabeth outside their home at Glade Road and North Main, Grapevine/Euless, Texas and Assembly of God Church classrooms on Glade Road
    • Hand-written note from Betty Fuller to Dee Barker, explaining relationship to Schiemann family: August and Augustine Schiemann were grandparents to Jessie Hall and Annie Hall Fuller, mother-in-law to donor
  • Videotape: Celebrating 80 Years of Education - South Euless Elementary Cornerstone Ceremony March 2, 1993
  • Invitation to Ceremony - South Euless Elementary Cornerstone Ceremony March 2, 1993
  • Program of Ceremony - South Euless Elementary Cornerstone Ceremony March 2, 1993
  • Book: Euless from Grange Hall to Texas Star - Euless 50th Anniversary Commemorative Publication, 1953-2003. May 2003, City of Euless. Paper covered commemorative book celebrating the years of Euless's incorporation (1953-2003), giving photos and stories of the city's roots, as well. Lists of mayors, fire chiefs, police chiefs, and city managers since incorporation
  • Church records: First United Methodist Church of Euless
    • Register of Members, beginning August 18, 1879- August 1942. Machine copies of church registry. It lists member names, spouse, dates for baptism, (marriage?) vows, date of certificate of membership, name of person receiving new member, date of withdrawal (if applicable), date of expulsion (if applicable), and date of death
    • Register of Marriages, beginning December 11, 1883 to February 23, 1913
    • Register of Infant Baptisms, beginning November 22, 1887 to October 9, 1913
This page was last modified on December 14, 2015


County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196