David Lanier Collection

Keller Rec Center
Summary: David Lanier donated seven photos, 35mm color, of buildings and other places in the Keller area -- all taken May 14, 1986. Donor placed note cards with additional information accompanying each image.
  • Double Springs "This picture shows two spring-fed ponds where a small community was once located. It was called Double Springs. The area is now residential and is called Twin Springs. 
  • Keller Bank Building "This is a picture of the first bank building in Keller. It is now an insurance agency."
  • Bourland Cemetery Entrance Gates "Aurelius Delphus Bourland, a veteran of the Civil War, bought this land in 1873. Bourland was a farmer and a Baptist preacher. The land was first used as a family cemetery. The earliest grave is that of his grandson, A. Delphas White in 1886.
  • Keller Recreation Center, Rock gymnasium built by the Civil Works Administration (CWA) in 1933 (image shown).
  • Mount Gilead Baptist Church "The first building was a one room log cabin built in 1851 and in 1859 it was burned by a group of roving Indians. This building was constructed in 1862."
  • Christian Faith Fellowship "The church building in the picture was first erected by different churches of people because they could not afford for each of them to build their own. The denominations that worshiped here were Presbyterian, Baptist and Methodist. The Presbyterians worshiped here in the original building until 1977.
This page was last modified on January 20, 2016


County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196