Summary: Donated a copy of a book about the history of Grace Lutheran Church of Fort Worth. Grace Lutheran Church was organized as the Gustavus Adolphus Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1905 with Dr. Theodore Seashore as the first pastor. The parlors and parsonage were built at 404 Hemphill Street in 1909, and the sanctuary was added in 1912. In 1918, services were changed from Swedish to English. In April of 1925, the name was changed to Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church. In 1950, a new parsonage was built at 2306 South Adams. This was sold in 1969, and the parsonage at 3729 Kelvin was purchased. The 50th Anniversary of Grace was celebrated in 1955 and property was purchased for relocation on the South Freeway. The first phase of the new church was built and dedicated in 1957. On May 30, 1976, the cornerstone from the old church was moved and unveiled on the present property at 7900 McCart Avenue, Fort Worth.
Pictured: Grace Lutheran Church Ladies Aid Society, circa 1910-1925
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX