In the image shown, donor (far left) confers with (left to right) Dee Barker, Duane Gage, and Lon Burnam regarding which images to hang where in the 1895 Courthouse. Byrd Williams IV, photographer, 1983.
Summary: In 1983, donor curated photographs on exhibit in the 1895 Tarrant County Courthouse. Four books authored by donor are Fort Worth and Tarrant County: An Historical Guide (TCU Press, 2004), Fort Worth Then and Now (TCU Press, 2001), Fort Worth's Legendary Landmarks (TCU Press, 1995), and Catalogue of the Amon Carter Museum Photography Collection (Amon Carter Museum, 1988). Carol worked for the Historic Preservation Council for Tarrant County, a group that conducted an historic resources survey of 2,200 buildings in Tarrant County. This collection also contains construction papers related to noted architect, A. B. Withers, who designed and built many Tarrant County school buildings throughout the 1940s and 1950s.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX