Summary: Donor was the President of the George E. Tandy Elementary School Parent-Teacher Association from 1955 through 1957. The Collection consists of mixed media scrapbooks covering the administration, faculty, students and programs at George E. Tandy Elementary School. Images (shown at left) were taken on the occasion of the 1955 Tandy School Carnival held October 29, 1955. In the three snap shots: (1) Women prepare food in school kitchen while, (2) Men set up the cake walk and, (3) Children ogle gold fish in the fish pond. George E. Tandy Elementary School was located at 3400 Purington Avenue in the Meadowbrook area between Tandy Avenue and Sanderson Avenue. The old building is still located in the center of the property surrounded by more modern structures. Both scrapbooks have embossed hardbound leather covers. Programs such as the PTA meeting at Casino Beach are included as well as highly fragile decorations created from leaves, acorns, ribbons and other materials.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX