Summary: Donor gave records held by Shannon Rose Hill Cemetery - some of which originated with the Fort Worth Undertaking Company and the North Fort Worth Undertaking Company. Former employee of George L. Gause at Fort Worth Undertaking Company, Dave Shannon started North Fort Worth Undertaking Company in 1906, with the help of his previous employer. That company evolved into the Shannon family funeral homes. Dave Shannon soon moved into county and state politics and turned the firm over to his sons, J. Oliver Shannon and S. D. Shannon, who improved the business by adding a horse-drawn hearse and ambulance. In 1919, they bought out Gause's interest and changed the name to Shannon Funeral Chapel. Later they were joined by younger brother, Marvin Boyd Shannon. The company relocated several times before finally settling into a new and larger facility at the corner of 12th (now Northside Drive) and North Main Streets. The funeral home shared facilities with Tarrant Masonic Lodge No. 942, which is across the street from the Shannon North's current location. At left is a column from the 1922 Fort Worth City Directory showing the related businesses.
Land Title Abstracts
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX