Summary: Doug Sutherland is a descendant of the Shaw Family, and items were collected and passed down through the family. The Shaw Bros. Creamery started in 1889 and was located at Calhoun and Henrietta. Cecelia Elizabeth Shaw (first wife of William J.) managed the Shaw Bros. Dairy located two blocks off Berry Street. The Shaws sold the business to Dairyland in 1929. This collection consists of artifacts, photographs, business records and brochures, postcards, and ephemera related to Shaw Creamery. Additional materials include local memorabilia and publications depicting life in Fort Worth during the early 1900s.
View the Doug Sutherland / Shaw Bros. Dairy image gallery of photographs.
Shaw Brothers Dairy Farm and cattle herd, circa 1910s-1920s
Shaw Brothers Dairy Company Records
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX