Charles G. Welch Collection

Summary: The donor worked at the Montgomery Ward Catalog House and donated numerous artifacts and ephemera related to the business. Montgomery Ward opened one of nine regional centers in Fort Worth on West Seventh Street in 1928. The building operated as a Montgomery Ward from 1928 to 2001 when the company went out of business. The building was later renamed Montgomery Plaza and was renovated into apartments with shopping and dining on the street level. The items in this collection span the years 1928 to 1985.

  • Various artifacts and ephemera from Montgomery Ward
  • 13 photographs, 8 by 10 inches, black and white, of the construction and opening of Montgomery Ward
  • Panoramic photograph of Montgomery Ward Co. Annual Picnic, 1924 (section of image shown)
  • Montgomery Ward catalogs, 1930-1985
  • Large scrapbook titled "Fort Worth Flood, May 1949" containing four pages of photographs of the flood level and damages to merchandise of Catalog Operation and detached warehouse on Foch Street and 40 pages of news clippings related to the flood

Montgomery Ward Annual Picnic 1924

Montgomery Ward Company Annual Picnic, Dunlap Park, Fort Worth, 1924

This page was last modified on May 14, 2019


County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196