Pictured: Lily B. Clayton Elementary School, looking from Berkeley and Park Place, 1935
Summary: Donor gave a collection of copy print photographs of Lily B. Clayton Elementary School. The school was first called Mistletoe Heights Elementary and was designed by Wiley G. Clarkson. Around 1935, construction begin on a new addition designed by Preston M. Geren and the name of the school was changed to Lily B. Clayton Elementary School. It became the first Fort Worth school to be named for a woman. Clayton began her career as the long-time teacher of Latin at Fort Worth High School in 1885.
Margaret Martin Littlejohn, who painted a portrait of Lily B. Clayton, had trained under William Merritt Chase and exhibited frequently at the galleries in the Carnegie Library.
View the Sharon Young image gallery.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX