Welcome to a program centered around you.
Live Tobacco Free is a 4-week program offered by Tarrant County Public Health to help you quit using tobacco products like cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco and e-cigs.
We can teach you how to better manage stress, handle nicotine withdrawal, control your weight and take daily steps to stay off tobacco.
Live Tobacco Free helps you understand the physical, mental and social aspects of your addiction, from stress at work to life at home. You’ll get the tools and knowledge you need to Live Tobacco Free for yourself and your family.
Our program is:
We are here to help you quit, not to judge you.
We find solutions that work for you, in your life.
There is no cost for you to participate.
Are you ready to quit tobacco?
If you answer “yes” to these questions, then our program can help you quit:
- Are you a resident of Tarrant County who wants to quit smoking?
- Have you tried everything to stop smoking and nothing seems to work?
- Has a stressful event caused you to restart smoking?
- Are you ready to experience immediate health benefits and save money?
Need more motivation? How about:
- Saving money. You can save $2,250 per year; that' what an average tobacco user spends annually on tobacco products.
- Save on health premiums. Being a smoker can cost an extra several hundred to over a thousand per year depending on your employer.
- Better manage your chronic health condition (ie. COPD, heart disease, etc). Quitting improves the immune system making it easier to fight infections and improves blood flow and blood pressure, which means more oxygen and nutrients delivered to the body's cells.
- Feel better and have more energy. Within only two weeks of quitting your lung capacity improves, making it easier to carry groceries, walk upstairs, garden, etc.
Give yourself a SIX TIMES better chance of quitting.
Our classes follow the Freedom from Smoking® program created by the American Lung Association.
For more than 30 years, this program has had one of the highest success rates in the United States. In fact, people who participate are six times more likely to quit using tobacco than those who try to quit on their own.
The program helps thousands of people quit every year, including many who have tried to quit before.
Class Locations and Schedules- Available Virtually ONLY
Health Care Providers
Download 5 Great Reasons to Live Tobacco Free to share with your patients and start conversations about quitting tobacco.
HR Managers and Services Providers
Download 7 Great Reasons Life is Better Without Tobacco to get your employees and constituents motivated and excited about a tobacco-free lifestyle.