Civil Stand-By

Citizens can now get an “order of retrieval”, through their Justice of the Peace.  Please contact your local Justice of the Peace "in your precinct" for more information regarding these orders.

It is common for police agencies to refer citizens involved in disputes to the Constable or Sheriff to assist with a civil stand-by. However, it is important to note the policy of this Constable’s office.

The policy of this office is as follows: Constable, Precinct 2 will not conduct a civil stand-by without a signed court order from a Judge.

Per Tex. Prop. Code 24A.002