THE QUALITY DEVELOPMENT DIVISION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE TO STATE MANDATED STANDARDS, RESEARCH AND DEPARTMENTAL TRAINING.
The Quality Development Division:
- conducts investigations into abuse and neglect allegations, investigates alleged misconduct of employees and reviews complaints received from the Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD), the community or other resources.
- audits department-related files, documents and policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state standards and maintains required records mandated by the state.
- develops and coordinates appropriate research of department operated and/or contracted programs, services and operations in order to evaluate effectiveness.
- compiles local juvenile probation statistics.
- develops and implements training programs for all levels of the organization.
- oversees management of the department's intranet system to provide information to staff on training events, policies and procedures, and other relevant information.
- reviews legislation that potentially impacts the division and/or juvenile services throughout the state.