Adult Health Services
Tarrant County Public Health - Fort Worth - Main Campus
1101 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76104
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - noon and 1 - 5 p.m.
Tarrant County Public Health - Arlington - Arkansas Lane
2596 E. Arkansas Lane
Arlington, TX 76014
Tuesday and Wednesday, 8 a.m. - noon and 1 - 5 p.m.
AHS clinics are walk-in only. Individual charges may vary. Clinic fees are assigned according to insurance or client income. Make sure to bring a photo ID and proof of income. Cash, check, credit or debit card accepted.
For questions, call 817-248-6299.
Testing and Clinical Services
Clients are examined for syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, HIV, HPV (genital warts), yeast infection, trichomoniasis and bacterial vaginosis.
Other available services include:
- Herpes test (when symptomatic)
- Immunizations (for qualified Adult Health Services clients only)
- HPV treatment (genital warts)
- HIV testing and counseling by qualified technicians and experienced counselors
After Your Clinic Visit
If you were diagnosed with an STD:
- Take all medicine as directed.
- Refer your sex partner(s) to the STD/HIV (Adult Health Services) clinic for testing and treatment.
- If symptoms re-occur, contact the clinic immediately.
- To reduce risk of re-infection, use a condom every time you have sex.
- Call for STD test results and return for follow-up examinations as directed. We can only give results to clients. Test results are not given over the phone to friends or family members.
All services offered at Adult Health Services are provided by professionals specifically trained in STD diagnosis, treatment, and/or follow-up of all possible infections. Adult Health Services' personnel conduct field investigations to ensure that any person exposed to infection is aware of their possible exposure and has the opportunity to be examined and treated quickly. Counseling and information are provided for anyone diagnosed with an STD.
One of our program's goals is to ensure that anyone who is treated for infection has knowledge about their infection and is able to take the appropriate precautions to ensure that they are not re-infected or exposed to another STD. When other medical problems are identified, beyond the scope of STDs, referrals are made to other agencies for additional follow-up.
Adult Health Services staff and clinicians are bound by law to confidentiality regarding any diagnosis and treatment. Our staff will not discuss your health with anyone but you.
All services/information will not be released without the client's written consent. Anonymous testing is offered for HIV only. Although all testing is confidential, with anonymous testing you will be assigned a fictitious name.