These Frequently Asked Questions will give you answers to most questions about vehicle registration and license plates. Email any questions not covered here to: email@example.com.
You will also find Frequently Asked Questions in other sections of the website for services we provide. Just select a link below to access other FAQ's.
1. I sold my vehicle several months ago, but the registration and title have not been changed to reflect the new owner's name and address. I'm getting notices about citations involving that vehicle -- and the registration renewal notice has also come to me. What can I do?
2. I just moved to Texas. How do I register my vehicle?
3. I previously lived in Texas but am currently out of state. How do I register my vehicle in Texas?
4. I am disabled and would like to obtain license plates with the international symbol of access. What should I do?
5. How do I renew my registration by mail?
6. What should I do if my registration sticker or license plates are lost, damaged or stolen, or I need to replace them?
7. Why is the expiration date a month behind?
8. How do I obtain personalized license plates or other special plates?
9. Can I register a vehicle that is not titled in my name?
10. Can I register a vehicle that has been wrecked or has a salvage title?
11. What does "Registration Purposes Only" mean?
12. What happens if I did not receive a registration renewal notice?
13. I received a citation for expired registration even though Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed an Order giving a 60 day extension. How can I get out of my ticket?
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX