Working with local governments, regional agencies and interested stakeholders is a fundamental element of good planning. From a county perspective, this requires collaboration on certain key issues, from the identification of funding alternatives to the acquisition of right-of-way.
Elected County officials and staff from the Transportation Planning Division are involved in the following four important committees in order to ensure an appropriate selection and implementation of transportation alternatives, both regionally and countywide.
- Regional Transportation Council
- Surface Transportation Technical Committee
- Tarrant Regional Transportation Council
- Southeast Transportation Group
Additionally, staff is involved in committees overseeing the implementation of the following ongoing projects.
- Regional Coordination Committee - NAS Fort Worth JRB
- TexRail - Fort Worth Transportation Authority
- IH35W Coalition
- Various technical committees related to the implementation of major corridor improvements
If you have any questions regarding the County's transportation planning efforts, please contact Randy Skinner, Director, at 817-884-1173.