Interruption of Utilities (Residential)

Except as provided by section 92.008 of the Texas Property Code, a landlord or landlord's agent may not interrupt, or cause the interruption of a utility service (water, waste water, gas or electric service) to a tenant, unless the interruption results from a bona fide repair, construction or an emergency. A rental property owner may interrupt electric service to certain residents provided that written notice and other procedures are strictly followed. Refer to Texas Property Code sections 92.008, 92.0091, and 92.301.

To locate the Justice Court Precinct in which to file a case, please visit the Tarrant County Comprehensive Address Information Directory.

For information on the Texas Property Code, please visit the Texas Constitution and Statutes website.


1. Sworn Complaint for Restoration of Utility Service



  • Fees
  • $54 filing fee
  • If granted, additional fees apply ($5 writ fee and $150 Constable Fee)