Summary: Donor gave research pertaining to her family history and the Polytechnic Cemetery in Fort Worth. Her research on the Polytechnic Cemetery led to it being granted a historical marker in 2009. The donor is a descendent of Duncan McRae who is buried in the Polytechnic Cemetery. Duncan McRae (1845-1912) moved to Tarrant County in 1877 after serving in the Confederate Army during the Civil War. He began a teaching career in which he taught agricultural management. He taught in Johnson Station, Handley, Smithfield, and Keller before being elected county superintendent of schools from 1894-1900. McRae was also a farmer and owned over 400 acres of land along the Interurban near Arlington, Texas. D. McRae Elementary School in Fort Worth was named after him.
Texas State Historical Markers in Tarrant County Files
Pictured: Third grade class, Polytechnic Public School, 1908
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX