Summary: The Turner and Dingee store in Downtown Fort Worth was founded in 1878 by J. K. Turner and Mr. McClure. A few years later, Henry L. Dingee bought out McClure's interest and gave the store its name. The main store was originally located at 502 Houston Street, and later moved to 800 West Seventh Street. After over a century of service, the store closed its doors in 1984 following the death of the store's proprietor of roughly 60 years Lloyd Hallaran. The materials in this collection include photographs, business records, ledgers, and newspaper clippings. Some of these materials relate to the celebration of Turner and Dingee's 100th birthday in 1978.
View the Carol and Trudi Hallaran image gallery.
Pictured: Interior view of Turner and Dingee Store, circa 1933-1935
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX