John Hill Collection

Dido School Tarrant County Texas
Summary: Dr. John Hill Ph.D., president of Dido Cemetery Association, who led in the process and research for the historical marker, donated eight color photographs that were taken on the occasion of Texas Historical marker dedication, Sunday, April 26, 2009, at the site of Dido School. Maps show the Dido School to be at the Dido Cemetery location as far back as 1895. The school was demolished by a tornado on April 3, 1957.
  1. Dr. John Hill Ph.D., president of Dido Cemetery Association
  2. Three people at unveiled marker
  3. Three people at unveiled marker, with Dr. Hill to the right
  4. Juanita Gonzales, chairman of the Tarrant County Historical Commission (TCHC) and three people at unveiled marker
  5. Beth Kisor, Clara Ruddell, Cindy Wilson-Arrick, and Juanita Gonzales seated at dedication
  6. Juanita Gonzales, Clara Ruddell, Cindy Wilson-Arrick, and Beth Kisor standing to hear remarks by Dr. John Hill
  7. Juanita Gonzales at podium giving remarks before marker unveiling. Clara Ruddell, Cindy Wilson-Arrick, and Beth Kisor are standing nearby
  8. Clara Ruddell, marker chairman of the TCHC, at podium next to veiled marker. Juanita Gonzales, Cindy Wilson-Arrick and Beth Kisor are standing on other side of marker
This page was last modified on December 03, 2015


County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196