Summary: Donor is a longtime resident of Fort Worth and mother of longtime Archives supporter and historian -- Judge Quentin McGown. The Fort Worth News-Tribune was founded as a weekly in 1969 as the News-Tribune in Haltom City. It was purchased from owners Ione Whiteman and Wallace Sheppard in August 1970 by journalists Mack H. and Madeline C. Williams. Mack and Madeline Williams owned and published the newspaper from August 1970 until February 1986, when it was sold to Fort Worth Publishing Inc., owned by public relations professionals Linda Pavlik and James Lattimore Jr. This collection reflects the years the paper was owned and run by Mack and Madeline Williams.
Laura McGown has contributed materials to the Fort Worth Boat Club McGown Family Collection.
Books and Yearbooks
Follow link to digitized Laura McGown Collection Scrapbooks.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX