Summary: Donor, President of Reaut Corporation, sponsored the Texas Historical Marker for the Sinclair Building located on the corner of 5th and Main in downtown Fort Worth. This 16-story 200-foot high building, designed by Wiley G. Clarkson and built by Harry B. Friedman is one of Fort Worth's finest examples of Art Deco architecture. In 1929, the Fort Worth National Bank Building, built in 1904, that stood on this site was demolished to make room for the new Sinclair Building. The building and lobby is of Zigzag Moderne styling and features many ziggurat elements on doorways, windows, and in the shape of the building. Completed in 1930, the purpose of the Sinclair Building was to office the many booming oil companies centered in Fort Worth. On the 14th floor, eagle finials cap the vertical elements of the building's shaft. In 1990, the building was restored under the direction of Architect Ward Bogard, with the marker submission that is the focus of this collection following in 1992.
View the Tom Niederauer image gallery.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX