Central Library FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I remove and/or add someone from my real property deed?

A new document will need to be filed.  It is in your best interest to contact an attorney or title company to have a new document prepared.


How do I obtain a copy of my plat?

Plats are available in our Central Library office located in Room B30 of the Historic Courthouse, or you may search, view and even purchase regular-sized plats on our online public access site.


How do I obtain the survey of my property?

Surveys are not recorded in the Office Public Records but are retained by the homeowner.


What forms of payment do you take?

Cash, check, or Credit Card. Payments made by credit card are subject to an additional fee.


Can I obtain copies of documents online?

Yes, for OPR copies you may search, view and even purchase copies of documents using our online public access site.  For copies of Civil documents please call the Central library at 817-884-1069.


Do I have any Liens on my property?

We cannot determine if there are liens filed on a piece of property.  You may search our records using our online public access site or by using the public kiosks in our office located in Room B30 in the basement of the Historic Courthouse.


I have a Judgment against me, who do I pay?

You will need to contact the court in which the judgment was ordered to obtain that information.