Writ of Reentry

If a landlord has locked a residential or commercial tenant out of leased premises in violation of the Texas Property Code Section 92.0081 and 92.009 (residential)) or Section 93.002 and 93.003 (commercial), the tenant may recover possession of the premises.

To determine the venue for your case, refer to the Texas Property Code Section 92.009(b) if a residential tenancy or Section 93.003(b) if a commercial tenancy.

To search the Justice Court Precinct for your case, please visit Tarrant County Comprehensive Address Information.

For information on the Texas Property Code, please visit Texas Constitution and Statutes.

Self-Help Legal Information Packet: When You Have Been Locked Out or Your Landlord Has Cut Off Your Utilities

Writ of Retrieval, Re-Entry, and Restoration Paquete con Informacion





  • Fees
  • $54 filing fee plus $5 writ fee
  • If granted an additional $150 Constable fee
***To file case, please fill out the Adobe Sign application or submit it to JP1court@tarrantcountytx.gov***


Accessibility Notice: Due to the complexity of the preceding documents, these documents are scanned images. If you require assistance in accessing the information, please contact Justice Court One at 817-884-1395.