Tarrant County Archives has nearly 700 Named Collections listed below. Please note that collections are often named for their donor, or by the donor in honor of another, so that a wide array of items may be within a single collection. For example, Montgomery Ward catalogs are housed in the Charles G. Welch collection. For help in locating particular items of interest, or if you would like to donate or start a collection, please contact the Archives.
The image above is a 1905 post card of Fort Worth's City Park between today's 7th Street and Lancaster Avenue bridges. The park dam was a favorite spot for fishing and picnics until its removal in the 1930s when the river channel was straightened and the Lancaster Bridge was built over the site. Source of information: Historic Photos of Fort Worth by Quentin McGown (2007), page 75.
Tarrant County Archives maintain a large quantity of documents. As such, not all of the descriptions are represented on our webpages yet, and the Named Collections pages remain a work in progress. The Archives will continue to add new descriptions, so please check our website for updates.
View PDF of List of Named Collections for complete list and information on citing research material from these collections.
Contact the Archives for information about requesting documents.
To access descriptions of individual named collections, click on the alphabet menu below:
To find a word or listing that you are searching for in the list below, press CTRL + F and enter the word in the Find box.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2025 Tarrant County, TX