Tarrant County Archives has two extensive collections of land title abstracts as well as several smaller collections. The two larger are the U.S. Title and Stewart Title Collections. The link will lead you to a PDF of all survey names in both of the major collections. If you right click on the PDF and go to "Find," a search box will appear. Write all or part of the survey name, such as "Akers" or "Johnson," in the search box and it will take you to the first reference. Hit the forward arrow and you will be taken to the next reference.
Click to view a larger version of document. Because the collections are listed side by side, often the references to the same survey will be on the same page. Below are additional resources.
- Additions in Surveys Reference List (this will help if you know the Addition name and want to find the Survey name)
- Boundary Line Documents for Tarrant County
- Historic Land Prices in Tarrant County
- Land Abstracts in the Charles P. Barnett Collection (George McCloud, Lydia Jane Warwick Surveys)
- Land Abstracts in the Beverly S. Beier Collection (James Ventioner)
- Land Abstracts in the B. Douglas Harman Collection (Boaz Estate)
- Land Abstracts in the Trish James Collection (James Matson Survey)
- Land Abstracts in the J. Carter Llewellyn Collection
- Land Abstracts in the Jane Schlansker Collection (Mitchell Baugh Survey)
- Land Abstracts in the Jack Webb Collection (J. Bursey Survey)
- Land Abstracts in the Evelyn Smith Hill Vogel Collection (A. Conner Survey, George Kinder Survey, Thomas B. Taylor Survey)
- Land Abstracts in Tom Wiederhold Collection (Mitchell Baugh Survey)
- Land Abstracts in the Stewart Title Collection
- Land Abstracts in the U.S. Title and Stewart Title Collections
- Land Records and Documents in the Harry E. and Jane K. Smith Collection
- Land Records and Documents in the Maps and Plans Collection (Cedar Bluff Creek, William Welch Survey)
- Tarrant County Original Land Grants The General Land Office of Texas records more than 2,500 original land grant documents for Tarrant County
- Example of Survey Abstract: Josiah M.C. Lynch Survey 1850-1904 (Due to the age of the document and its inclusion of drawings, this PDF document is a scanned image. If you need assistance accessing the document contents, please contact the Archivist at 817-884-3272.)
- Real Estate Map and Ownership Atlas of Fort Worth, 1969
- Tarrant County Deed Cards Search deeds and abstracts in Tarrant County
The plat map of the W. J. Boaz Estate shown at above right is from a collection acquired in 2013. The photograph at top is of the Phoenix Furniture Building on Throckmorton Street in downtown Fort Worth during the early 1960s. On the left, part of First Christian Church is visible. On the far right is the Capps Building, and behind the Phoenix is the old First Christian Church Educational Building.