Enforcement of Child Support

IV-D Monitoring Program

If your divorce decree was signed on or after October 16, 2000, or your final order establishing paternity was signed on or after March 12, 2007, it is possible your case was automatically referred into IV-D Monitoring Program.  The program is the result of a cooperative agreement (contract) between the Domestic Relations Office and the Texas Attorney General's Office.  It authorizes Legal Support Services to file motions regarding child support under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act, in the same manner as any Texas Attorney General's Office.

NOTE: Paternity orders initiated by the Texas Attorney General's Office are not part of the Domestic Relations Office IV-D Monitoring Program.

Children in circle

Kids with their hands up on the air.

Application Services:

If your case was not referred to the IV-D Monitoring Program, Legal Support Services may file an action to enforce a child and medical support obligation under our enforcement application services. Read Additional information.

If you have an active case with Legal Support Services, you may contact our office at 817-884-1879.  Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. 

NOTE: If you are represented by an attorney, you must have your attorney contact our office on your behalf. 

If your case is in the IV-D Monitoring Program and you would like to determine if it qualifies for enforcement of a past-due (unpaid) child support obligation, please contact Child Support Services at 817-884-1475.

If you want to know more on how to make a child support payment, please visit the page for Child Support Services and select How to make a Child Support Payment from the menu on the left.

If you have a Tarrant County order placing the other party on community supervision with the Domestic Relations Office, please contact the Community Supervision Unit at 817-884-1848.

If you already have a case with the Texas Attorney General Office, or are currently receiving public assistance, please contact the Texas Attorney General Office of Child Support.


Children Playing Reflection